- 2013 Kawasaki Z1000 & Z1000SX Page
I am pleased to announce that I have successfully re-programmed the stock Z1000 & Ninja1000 ECU to my own exacting specifications as listed below. (No need for FCE and/or ignition module)
ECU Re-Flashing now available !!
ECU flash package for stock exhaust and slip-ons - 11HP GAIN !!
ECU flash package for Full exhaust - 26HP GAIN !!
2010 - 2013 Z1000
2011 - 2013 Ninja 1000 / Z1000SX
My ECU Programming philosophy and more ECU info can be found on THIS PAGE
My Z1000/Ninja1000 ECU programming (Re-Flash) includes the following:
Requires PC5 (not included)
1) Low gear power limiters removed
2) Disable speed limiter
3) Disable fuel cut for flawless throttle control
4) Re-program sub-throttles for max power at any rpm and throttle position
(Not necessary to remove them any longer - Should be re-installed if they were removed for best performance)
5) Cooling fans come on at 202 degrees & off at 188
6) Disable Exhaust Servo routine - No need for exhaust servo eliminator (EXUP eliminator)
7) Complete re-curve of ignition timing - optimized for 89 octane fuel
(premium fuel not necessary)
8) Raise rev-limit to 11,500 rpm
9) Anything that compromises performance and/or driveability is eliminated.
10) My tuning program :
Throttle "quality" is flawless in the corners.... it makes rediculous power and good mileage as well with no flat areas , no matter what you do with the throttle... even at low revs.
11) Free upgrades when/if we make improvements.
12) Return your ecu back to stock at no charge for any reason.
(shipping not included)
Answers to all your questions.....
All testing was done in house on Ivan's personal Ninja 1000 / Z1000SX testbike
ECU reprogramming may not comply with federal safety/emission laws
ECU reprogramming may not comply with your warranty
Our NEW Z1000 / Z1000SX (Ninja) Performance Package includes:
1) Full Akrapovic exhaust or
2) Power Commander 5 (includes Ivan's custom map for Ivan's ECU program)
3) AK-Kaw3A block-off plate kit
4) Reflashing of your bike's ECU
5) K&N or BMC Air filter
6) Very specific instructions
to set your bike up so you get the same results as if your bike was in my shop.
If you currently have my FCE for the Z1000/Ninja 1000SX, you can take a 10% discount off the ECU flash by shipping it to me with your ECU - This offer is good until 12-2-2014
All testing was done “in house” on my personal Z1000SX/Ninja 1000
Call for pricing please.
We can reprogram for the following markets:
USA, Australia, Europe
See dyno charts below
We purchased a 2012 Ninja 1000SX for further R&D on this model.
Stock vs. FULL EXHAUST ECU performance package
Ivan's ECU Flash, Ivan's airbox mod, PCV & BMC filter with STOCK EXHAUST vs. 100% stock Z1000SX- 11 hp gain WOW !!
Slip-ons can be used - Not shown here, but results will be the same.
Stock exhaust vs. Full Akrapovic - BOTH WITH IVAN'S ECU FLASH
Full exhaust package
Nearly perfect conditions give great #'s
Old FCE performance package vs. Ecu performance package
What does it feel like on the road?
Nearly impossible to keep the front wheel down at full throttle until
you are in 3rd gear !!
(it still will come up in 3rd with little provocation !!
Very smooth and perfect throttle transitions.... and not one backfire !!
THE OLD STUFF
All Stock 2010 Z1000 vs. Same with Akrapovic Full system
Adding a PC5 and remapping doesn't add much power at full
throttle but makes a huge difference at
part throttle smoothing the vibes and improving throttle response significantly.
Adding a BMC filter alone gives 1 hp at peak in a stock
Modding the airbox while adding a BMC filter releases a few more on the
Removing the subthrottle plates gives more power across the range.(OBSOLETE - SEE OUR ECU RE-FLASH CHARTS ABOVE)
Top end power produced gives a slightly rougher graph due to turbulence
induced without the plates.
(you can't feel it)
2010 Kawasaki Z1000 - All Stock vs. Final Result - (OBSOLETE - SEE OUR ECU RE-FLASH CHARTS ABOVE)